The Information We Collect and Receive
In the course of operating the Site, we will collect (and/or receive) the following types of information. You authorize us to collect and/or receive such information.
1. Contact Information
When you register an account or contact us, you will be required to provide us with contact information about yourself. Such information may include your name, address, e-mail address, phone number, and date of birth.
All information we collect and/or receive under this Section is collectively called “Contact Information.” We do not collect any Contact Information from you when you visit the Site unless you provide us with the Contact Information voluntarily.
2. Payment Information
3. Other Information
We may collect additional information (collectively, the “Other Information”). Such Other Information may include:
- From You. Additional information about yourself that you voluntarily provide to us, such as personal interests, and your product and service preferences.
- From Your Activity. Additional information that we automatically collect when you use the Site, including, without limitation:
- IP address, which may consist of a static or dynamic IP address and will sometimes point to a specific identifiable computer or device.
- Browser type and language.
- Referring and exit pages and URLs.
- Date and time.
- Details regarding your activity on the Site, such as the amount of time spent viewing pages, and other performance and usage data.
- About your device
- Type of device.
- Operating system and version (e.g., iOS, Android or Windows).
- Date and time.
- Network type (WiFi, 3G, 4G, LTE).
- From Cookies. We may use both session cookies, which expire once you close your web browser, and persistent cookies, which stay on your computer until you delete them and other technologies to help us collect data and to enhance your experience with the Site. Cookies are small text files a website can use to recognize a repeat visitor to the website.
If you do not want us to deploy cookies in your browser, you can opt out by setting your browser to reject cookies or to notify you when a website tries to put a cookie in your browser software. If you choose to disable cookies in your browser, you can still use the Site, although your ability to use some of the features may be affected.
- Authenticate users.
- Personalize your experience.
- Analyze which portions of the site are visited or used most frequently.
- Tailor target (i.e., behavioral, contextual, retargeting, and remarketing), analyze, report on, -and/or manage advertising campaigns or other initiatives.
- Measure and optimize advertising and promotional effectiveness
For more information on these third parties, including how to opt out from certain data collection, please visit the following links:
For Google Analytics: https://www.google.com/analytics
For Facebook Ads: https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy
For Google Adwords: you can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Preferences page https://adssettings.google.com/authenticated, and if you want to you can opt out of interest-based advertising entirely by cookie settings or permanently using a browser plugin.
Please be advised that if you opt out of any service, you may not be able to use the full functionality of the Site.
- From Other Sources. Additional information that we collect or receive from third-party sources in accordance with their privacy policies.
The Information Collected by or Through Third-Party Advertising Companies
To learn more about targeted or interest-based advertising and the options you have, such as opting out, you may visit the Network Advertising Initiative and the Digital Advertising Alliance. Please note that, if you choose to opt out, you must do so in each web browser and on each device.
How We Use and Share the Information
We use the Contact Information, Payment Information, and Other Information (collectively, “Information”) to provide you the Site and our services, solicit your feedback, and to improve our services to you. Also, we may share Information as described below, to the extent not prohibited by Applicable Laws.
- In an ongoing effort to better understand our users and our Site, we might analyze the Information in aggregate form in order to operate, maintain, manage, and improve the Site. This aggregate information does not identify you personally. We may share and/or license this aggregate data with our affiliates, agents, and business partners, and other third parties. We may also disclose aggregated user statistics in order to describe our Program, our services, and the Site to current and prospective business partners and to other third parties for other lawful purposes.
- We may employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples may include companies and individuals providing credit check and mortgage application review, assessment and underwriting services, title and closing services, marketing assistance, information technology support, ID verification, maintaining database, and customer service. These other companies, including, without limitation, Chicago Title of Texas, LLC, Independence Title Company, and Hancock McGill & Bleau, LLLP (“Partner Companies”), who will have access to the Information only as necessary to perform their functions and to the extent permitted by law. Our contracts with all such third parties require them to protect the confidentiality of the Information we provide to them.
- We may share some or all of your Information with any of our parent companies, subsidiaries, joint ventures, Partner Companies or other companies under common control with us.
- As we develop our businesses, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, sale of assets, dissolution, or similar event, the Information may be part of the transferred assets.
- To the extent permitted by law, we may also disclose the Information when required by law, court order, or other government or law enforcement authority or regulatory agency, or whenever we believe that disclosing such Information is necessary or advisable, for example, to protect the rights, property, or safety of Akord, our users, or others.
Sharing of Your Information with Non-Affiliated Third Parties
We will not share your Contact Information with non-affiliated third parties that may use such information to market to you, without obtaining your opt-in consent. For example, we may offer you a product opportunity that requires us to share your Contact Information with non-affiliated third parties that may use such information to market to you. We will obtain your opt-in consent to such sharing of your Contact Information when we present you with the terms of such offer.
If you have opted-in for this kind of sharing, then you may: (i) choose to opt-out of such sharing by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org; or (ii) request certain information regarding our disclosure of such information to such non-affiliated third parties by contacting us at email@example.com.
If you would like to opt-out of Akord’s sharing of your Information with its affiliates so that such affiliates can use your Information to market to you, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How We Protect Your Information
We take commercially reasonable steps to protect the Information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with applicable state and federal laws and regulations to guard non-public personal financial information from unauthorized access, use, and disclosure. Please understand, however, that no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that the Information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to and from us over the Internet.
Akord shall comply with all Applicable Laws, including, without limitation, the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, the Texas Privacy Protection Act (if applicable), and all Applicable Laws relating to data privacy, data security, international communications, communications decency, and the importation and exportation of materials and data.
Accessing and Modifying Contact Information and Communication Preferences
If you have registered for the Site, you may access, review, and make changes to your Contact Information by following the instructions found on the Site. In addition, you may manage your receipt of marketing and non-transactional communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of any Akord marketing email. Applicants cannot opt out of receiving transactional e-mails related to their account. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to process such requests in a timely manner. You should be aware, however, that it is not always possible to completely remove or modify information in our databases.
Important Notice to Non-U.S. Residents
The Site and our servers are operated in the United States. Please be aware that your Information, including personal information, may be transferred to, processed, maintained, and used on computers, servers, and systems located outside of your state, province, country, or other governmental jurisdiction where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your country of origin. If you are located outside the United States and choose to use the Site, you do so at your own risk.
Do Not Track
Akord does not monitor, recognize, or honor any opt-out or do not track mechanisms, including general web browser “Do Not Track” settings and/or signals.
How to Contact Us